Share
×

Share on Social Media

Powered by
HistoryIT | We Give History A Future

Eta Phi

Stony Brook University

May 20th, 1989

Founding Date

The Eta Phi chapter of Alpha Phi was installed on May 20, 1989 at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.

 

Judi Parker Chanin (Beta Beta-Michigan State) directed the weekend's activities, held at the Victoria house in East Setauket, New York. On hand for the festivities were Administrator of Chapter Development Linda Groves Root (Delta Epsilon-Iowa); New Chapter Supervisor Carol Ellis (Epsilon Beta-Butler), Field Consultant Laura Malley-Schmitt (Zeta Phi-MIT), and Field Consultant Nina Gross (Zeta Chi-Columbia). Also assisting were collegians from Eta Zeta chapter at SUNY Binghamton and Eta Tau chapter at SUNY Cortland. 

 

Serving as toastmistress, Laura Malley-Schmitt welcomed the many parents and guests who were present at the reception. Representing the university were Carl Cohen, Assistant Director of Student Activities, and Stressoir Altemis, Student Activities Adviser. 

 

On behalf of the Alpha Phi Foundation, Linda Root presented a check for $1000 to the Children’s Medical Center of Stony Brook and the scholarship badge to Anna Bentsianov. Linda presented the Lazy Phi badge to outgoing and incoming presidents Elizabeth Kinney and Danielle Swigut. The program concluded with the charter presentation.