On Saturday, March 26, 1955, at two in the afternoon in the First Presbyterian Church of Lubbock, fourteen collegiate and two alumnae members were initiated into Gamma Iota chapter of Alpha Phi by officers of Omega (Texas) and Gamma Eta (North Texas) chapters. An installation banquet was held at the Lubbock Women's Club Saturday night. A total of 107 collegiate and alumnae members from all over the southwest attended. The tables were decorated with the traditional ivy, silver, and Bordeaux. Church services at the First Presbyterian Church were attended by Alpha Phis on Sunday morning. Gamma Iota received its charter at two o'clock, Sunday afternoon, March 27, 1955. Marian Wiley Keys (Alpha-Syracuse), International President, presided at this ceremony which included the traditional signing of the charter. A formal reception was held in the ballroom of the Student Union on the Tech campus immediately following the charter presentation to introduce the new Alpha Phi members to the Texas Tech faculty and friends.