D. Frank Prout, president of Bowling Green State University, wanted national fraternities on his campus and offered every encouragement to students to join groups. Organizations were assigned university housing, the members paying rent to the university. Beta Omicron Chapter began with a local Seven Sisters group in 1922, the oldest local sorority on the Bowling Green State University campus. On October 16, 1943, Seven Sisters became Beta Omicron Chapter when Mrs. Emelita Cobb (Lambda-Berkeley), International President, initiated sixty collegians and alumnae. One hundred and two Alpha Phis attended the beautiful banquet and alumnae came from many areas of Ohio and Michigan for the festivities.