The summer of 1995, Theta Phi joined a proud Virginia membership, which included six active collegiate chapters. Christopher Newport was recognized as one of the fastest growing colleges in the state of Virginia, and Alpha Phi was delighted to be represented on the campus. Alpha Phi joined Gamma Phi Beta and Phi Mu. Theta Phi was proud to number 50 collegiate members, six mothers and one daughter of an Alpha Phi alumnae as charter members of Theta Phi. Installation weekend began with Court of Ivy on July 28, with ceremony assistance by members of Eta Lambda of George Mason University. The initiation and reception followed on July 29. On behalf of the Alpha Phi Foundation, Brenda presented a check for $1000 to Beth Tripps, co-Director of Mary Immaculate Hospital’s Women in Focus Program in Newport News, Virginia. At the reception, Alpha Phi welcomed Douglas Gallaer, director of career and counseling services, who spoke on behalf of the university. Gallaer provided knowledge about Alpha Phi, as he recited much of Alpha Phi’s history during his speech. Many of the collegians were impressed and moved by his thoughtfulness.
Alpha Phi, 1 University Place, Newport News, Virginia
Jul 29th, 1995